Question
Posted by: Michelle Benade | 2011-07-21

Am I experiencing a Heart Attack or stroke?

Dear Heartdoc,

I am a 39 year old female, I have heart cramps sometimes like a sharp pain on the left side of chest and cramps sometimes on the right side of chest. Numbness sometimes of my lower face and sometimes in my arms. When I have a bad night of restless sleep the following morning there is blue veins on my chest and can last up to weeks before they disappear. I also feel drained alot. Recent experience pain in hips yesterday and today cramp like feeling on left side of chest. I have taken a aspren incase of blockage. What am I experiencing?

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Michelle,

Your symptoms are definitely not those of either heart attack or stroke. They also do not sound like symptoms of any particular disease and sound far more like they are related to anxiety. Do you think that is possible?

As your symptoms are not due to impending heart attack or stroke I would not take aspirin. My advice would be to see a sympathetic GP and let him or her help you work out why you are gtting these symptoms

JT

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011-07-22

Hi Michelle,

JT

Reply to Cardiologist