Question
Posted by: sam | 2010/04/03

am i eating too much or too little to lose weight?

im currently 18 years old with the weight of 55kg and 163cm tall. my goal is to lose 8kg in 3-4 months.I''ve started my diet for 1 week and there are no changes on my weight. im starting to doubt whether am i eating too much or too little a day because i don''t know the calories of the food im eating everyday. every morning i would drink a glass of protein shake which is 90cal. As for my lunch, i will take normal meal(eg soup meehoon, hotdog with mustard dressing) .For dinner, i will eat plenty of white meat fish(pan fried) and fried vegetables.Estimately, how many calories have i taken in for a day?

Dear Sam
Seeing that you already have a very low BMI of 20,7, you should under NO circumstances try to lose 8 kg. If you do your BMI will be 17,7 which can endanger your health. You should actually be trying to gain weight instead of losing it to achieve an ideal BMI of 22 for which you would need to weigh 58 kg! So please stop this dieting because it can easily lead to anorexia and you don't want to go down that destructive road.
Take great care

3
Posted by: sam | 2010/04/04

hi there, im actually a female if u misunderstood. so do u really think i shud increase my weight to 58?

Reply to sam
Posted by: Sam | 2010/04/04

Thank u for ur reply. Do you mean that im eating too little now? Should i eat more to maintain my weight?

Reply to Sam

Dear Sam
Take great care