Question
Posted by: deborah | 2011-05-24

Am I eating right

Dont like the word DIET - so, am I eating correctly if a typical day is as follows  Bkfast : boiled/poached egg with tomato or mushrooms Lunch: salad with lean protein, Supper: soup / veg

or Bkfst : fruit smoothie, lunch: soup / salad Supper: protein with veg

Am i on the right track - I dont like bread at all

PLEASE HELP - I am 15kgs over my goal weight but am sick and tired of putting my body through specific diets

Dear Deborah
I also don't like the idea that 'diet' is always associated only with slimming. There are so many different diets that human beings use for normal living or for treating a whole range of conditions. In your case if you want to lose weight, then you need to reduce your total daily energy intake by decreasing your food intake and increase your daily energy output by doing some exercise. The diet you describe should definitely induce weightloss, but I would add at least 2 more servings of fat-free or low-fat milk or dairy products to your food intake per day to ensure that you obtain 1200 mg of calcium a day to prevent brittle bones at present and osteoporosis in future (the smoothie if made with low-fat milk would count as 1 of the 3 milk/dairy product servings adults need per day). The lean protein at lunch can be a fat-free yoghurt/cottage cheese or you can add low-fat milk to your soups. Also keep in mind that any form of aerobic or cardio exercise (skipping, cycling, brisk walking, etc) for 30 min a day will stimulate your metabolism and promote weightloss.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-05-24

Dear Deborah