Question
Posted by: Hopeful | 2008/07/30

Am I doing it right

Hi all

Iam 26 male, 176cm and 92.8kg'  s. I was at the dietician about 3 weeks ago and she put me on kind of a diabetic diet. I weighed 96.6kg'  s at the time. In the three weeks I have lost 3.8 kg.

Iam currently on 6300kj a day diet.
My day consists of the following

breakfast = half cup of all bran with low fat milk and arteficial sweetner.

snack time = 1 fat free fabulite yoghurt and naartjie

Lunch = 2 slices of whole grain bread with 60g protein.

snack = as above snack

Supper 200g protein, half cup of starch, full cup of vegg.

Upon returning to the dietician she said I must be careful not to eat to little as my body will retain the fat as a defence and I will platou.

Is it when you eat much less or just a little less then what you supposed to.

Iam not so stricked over the weekends. enjoy some beer and wine.

What is my BMI and fat loss percentage. Is the weight iam dropping acurate and optimum

The Fat Guy trying to win

Dear Hopeful
The diet your dietitian has put you on is excellent and you can already see the results in that you have lost 3.8 kg in record time. Your present BMI is 30, which is very high, but if you stick to this diet and don't try to make changes that can backfire (like starving yourself in the hope that this will speed up weightloss - it won't!). I can't calculate your % fat loss because I would need to know your body fat % at the start of the diet and now. Just be assured that you are losing well and that soon your weight will be in the normal range again. Once you start feeling more mobile, do include 30 or more minutes of aerobic exercise in your regimen. Even now you can start going for walks for half an hour a day. Start slowly and increase how fast and how far you walk as you get fitter.
Hang in there

1
Posted by: amel dhouib | 2009/04/29

after pregnancy i have 8 kilos over weight

Reply to amel dhouib