Posted by: Adult acne | 2011-09-26

Am I destined to die with pimples

Dear CD. I am 37 and have had acne from age 12. I have three children and while I was on the pill (Yasmin and Yaz) my skin was under control. We have decided not to have any more kids and my husband had a vasectomy, so there is no need to be on the pill. However, I still break out pre-menstruation and when I''m stressed. Have been on two courses of roaccutane, but have a history of depression so am not keen to try again. Have been using purbac for 3 months, but can you use this indefintely? I also take Vit A, B6 and zinc, but not really helping. What is a safe, long term option. Thank you

I suggest that you try IPL (Intense Pulse Light) treatment. This is the safest form of acne treatment. Refer to the following link for more details:

This treatment destroys the bacteria that causes acne.

Posted by: L | 2011-09-26

See a dermatologist for proper treatment.

Reply to L
Posted by: Roommate | 2011-09-26

If Yasmin works go back on it.
It works for me and has no side affects

Reply to Roommate