Posted by: unhappy | 2009-09-11

Am I destined to be unhappy

Dear CS. I am 35, a professional with a loving husband and kids. Last year I suffered from terrible depression, started seeing a psych and am still on Zoloft (1 year now). The cause of my depression (or so I thought at the time) was my work situaion where a number of colleagues ganged up on me and made my life miserable. I have now started a new job (one that I really wanted), but I see the same cycle beginning. I overanalyse people' s reactions to me. I am ultra sensitive over everything. I want everyone to like me, but often end up feeling and being alone. I just want to be accepted and happy, but feel that my own insecurities and ultra sensitivity are standing in my way. Still seeing my psych and do try the techniques he has showed me, but the feelings always re-surface. Even the Zoloft does not seem to help anymore.

Wouldn't CBT be a good idea, to work on improved strategies to recognize and better deal with these situations ? So that when folks chose to try to make your life miserable. you needn't oblige them ? You can learn to respond diferently to similar situations, to be less eager to be liked ( and thus more likeable when less needy ), Zoloft is useful iin dealing with the chemical aspects of the depression, but therapy in adition is wise. I don't know what techniques your psychiatrist has been suggesting, but maybe seing a psychologist specializing specifically in CBT, could make such exercises more fruitful

Posted by: good news | 2009-09-11

Your not destined to be unhappy, no one is!

" dont yield to the fortunes you sometimes see as fate, it may have a new persepective on a different day" 

keep going to therapy and dont be shy to share, also look out for CBT that really helps, you' ll get through this!

Reply to good news