Posted by: depressed?? | 2009-03-11

Am I depressed

I am a 32 year old femaile, have 2 daughters (aged 4 and 5). I have a very demanding job and been married for nearly 8 years. Lately I have been suffereing from memory loss, I stay tired and want to cry all the time - sometimes even for an advertisement on TV. I feel as though my life is going nowhere. It revolves around the chidren, husband and work - dont really get a lot of me-time but do go out with some girl friends for breakfast about once every second month.

Some say that Im just bored of my life and some say Im depressed. What do you think?

Odd, I've had several uestions about memory loss lately. The poblem is that there are many potential causes, so the first step is to see a good psychiatrist or a very good GP, for a full assesment, to see if the cause an be identified. Obviously, one can only plan effective treatment after identifying a cause. From your description, it sounds as though a Depression could well be the cause here, related to stress. And stress itself, by leading to one not paying close attention and not actuall placing stuff into one's memory in the first place, would obviously impair our ability to recover what may not have been stored in the first place

Posted by: james | 2009-03-11

if you want to cry all the time then there is an obvious emotional element to what your going through, why dont you see a psychologist, ask your gp to refer you to a good one...they can then discuss your life with you and pinpoint the root of your unhappiness.

Reply to james