Question
Posted by: Maro | 2008/06/13

Am i depressed

Doc on the 04th Aug 2006 i lost my father and my mom followed him on the 18th October the same year.Both these incidents i was at home watching them.i never cried. On Jan 2007 the whole thing came back and i was crying the whole month.I was a party animal but now i want to stay at home, and i'm 28 yrs old.Most of my friends i pushed them away, am i depressed or what coz there are days when i feel like i need people around me and my family they think that i'm strong and I'm a last born at home.

Sorry to hear of this Maro. Grief is hard work, and affects us differently. Some of us tend to use Denial at first, and don't allow ourselves to feel the full sadness, and then some time later, often triggered by something very small, we may be plunged into the mourning we didn't do earlier. T is right, this is probably not ordinary Depression, but mourning and grief work. EVen the strongest of us need help at such times, so see a counsellor and work your way through this.

1
Posted by: T | 2008/06/13

sweetheart you need to go see sumone. i nursed my dad for about 3yrs. i was told that, when you are living the process you are going to have a breakdown. a loss like that is far worse for you than not seeing it. i am sorry for your loss, and no it doesnt make it better or go away. losing a parent is devastating. a year and a half after my dad passed away, i broke and my dads death actually triggered my bipolar. please see your gp, go chat to a psychologist, you owe it to yourself. I am also the lastborn and it seems that so much falls on us. the ones who look so strong are the ones who break easiest. do yourself just this one thing and go and see sumone, whats happening now, pushing people away, its not healthy. yes you need your space and solitude, but you also need that interaction

Reply to T