Question
Posted by: Mwila | 2008/08/27

Am I crazy?

I' m 27 and feel that I want my space and to be independent. I' ve been sharing accommodation with people since college. I am going crazy! I hate going home and when I do I pray that my housemate is sleeping, that we don' t see each other. I feel so trapped I want to scream. At my age I should be staying alone and I constantly think about it, and I get stressed. I' m willing to pay the rent and make a few adjustments to my lifestyle. Problem is, everyone I talk to tells me about safety (it' s not safe for a woman to stay alone) and how expensive the rent is (that' s my mother). The place is secure (the complex has hollywood garages and I must get out of the car and open the garage first). I feel that a peace of mind is priceless. All I want to do at the end of the day is go home and find peace (which I don' t). I' m unhappy.

I' ve never been just been me. I just want to be with myself, do as I please! Am I going through a phase or is this normal?

Safety is not a factor --- a room-mate is capable of leaving windows open or doors unlocked, and two women are as vulnerable as one./ SO why not move out on your own if you so wish ( or maybe find someone more comp[atible to share with ? ) You're being normal and seisble. Enjoy !

1
Posted by: do it | 2008/08/28

I stay on my own. Let' s face it, whether you stay on your own or with 10 people, you' re not safer either way.

If you are this unhappy you need to make a move.

Reply to do it