Question
Posted by: Anonyomous | 2009-10-29

Am I being selfish????

I am 29 yers old
I fell pregnant when I was 16 yrs and have a beautiful daughter who is 13yrs now.Her father dinied that he is the father,I was so hurt broken,I felt as if he means I don' t know who I sleep with, he has no contact with us until few yrs back that he wanted to be part of her life he was visiting him until he wanted her to stay with him but I refused that&  cut all contact because he was never there from the biggining since he dinied being a father to her.Later on I did sit down with my daughter and told her everything,what happened&  why he is not part of her life but i told her that its up to her.The guy has never worked now and before he is momy' s boy &  she' s the one who has been telling him to take my child to go and stay with them.I' ve been ther for her from day one till now
I dont want him to be part of her life Am I being selfish for doing this????

Please advise me!!!!!!!

It was wise to discuss the whole situation with your child. But no man who has rejected the child at birth and through her childhood, and who has been too lazy to get a job, if sit to suddenly become a father when it simply takes his fancy, so it doesn't sound like a good idea for her to go and stay with him. If she wants to, maybe you can think of allowing him to visit her at your home.
You are not at all being selfish, and your reaction to this suddent idea of his is entirely natural and understandable

1