Question
Posted by: Lorns | 2012/04/22

Am I being ripped off by my gynae-ob?!

Hi all..
After a very long time of me and huuby trying to conceive i am happy to say I''m 20wks pregnant and been assisted by Dr Marishane,Medi-Clinic,Sunnyside. 1st of m on Classic saver with Discovery n Dr has bin so good n going n extra mile, I have been chatting with other pregnant Moms and it seems like I am paying way too much for my consultations compared to them, I pay about +- 1000 per visit this amnt includes scans, he spends an hour with me and he is very patient however I feel like I am being ripped off and my savings funds are about to be exhausted, is it too late to change now (not that I want to)??

That is quite reasonable considering that you have an hour's consultation and a scan. Speak to your doctor and explain that you are having financial difficulties and see if you can negotiate a lower rate or fewer scans.

2

Posted by: Mom | 2012/04/23

Im not a professional - but what I can tell you is i pay R1200.00 per appointment with my OBGYN - and I get 15 minutes of his time...

So cant tell you if you getting ripped off - but just to put your amount into perspective too...

Reply to Mom