Question
Posted by: Ron | 2010/04/12

Am I bad or normal

I''m in my 40''s divorced for about 6 years and haven''t had a very serious realtionship since getting divorced, in the last 2 years I have started visiting ladies from an internet site that offer sex, I always said I''ll never do this or pay for sex, but can''t stand not having sex for such long periods of time, masturbation doesn''t do it for me. I''m always cautious for obvious reasons, the ladies I''ve been to (2 different ones) work from their own place in decent areas, I''ve always insisted we both shower first and have always used condoms, I won''t give any oral and don''t kiss them, in the hope that I''m doing a decent job protecting myself. In my mind this seems a safer and more controlled environment than picking up someone at a pub. I ususally see one of the 2 ladies once a month so I''m no sex addict, but can''t just go without. Is this normal or not and are the precautions I''m taking good enough, are there any other precautions I can take when I do go see one of them?

it is normal to have a desire for sex and as you mentioned you are not a sex addict.

my only concern, is that although you are engaging in safer sex - condoms, etc. You are still having sex with sex-workers that are the highest risk category of HIV. in other words, you are using all the recommend procedures for safe sex EXCEPT for engaging in sex with sex-workers. in this regard, the best advice would be to test yourself once a month to ensure that you do not have HIV.

5
Posted by: Ron | 2010/04/13

Thanks for the replies. Guy and XXX I have been trying to meet someone but sometimes it''s easier said than done, I go out and socialise and have met a few ladies, but unfortunately they have been more interested in material things, I''m an average looking guy no model and live fine, but don''t earn big income, my car is nothing fancy and this makes things more difficult. Not all women are just focused on material things but alot are these days, I''m sure I''ll meet someone at some stage. This is just my reality and I''m not knocking women

Reply to Ron
Posted by: Oldster | 2010/04/12

Hi Ron/ I think you are doing pretty well. OK so there is a slight risk as the girls are sleeping with many guys, but you are not to all intents and purposes exchanging bodily fluids which is very important. I see whewre you are coming from, going out looking for a " special" woman is just too much of a hassle for what you want. You are not cheating on anyone and you deserve your pleasures. Dont be critical of yourself, you are not a nuisance to anyone and you are not doing anything bad. Go for it and enjoy.

Reply to Oldster
Posted by: Guy | 2010/04/12

Why dont you find a woman to date. This seems very risky and although you are taking precautions, they are not full proof. Its a difficult situation and as long as you use a condom and dont transfer any bodily fluids, you should minimise the risks of contracting something.

Reply to Guy
Posted by: XXX | 2010/04/12

Personally I don''t think this is the way to go,surely you can find a woman to date !
The risks are way too high as far as I''m concerned.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/04/12

Reply to sexologist