Question
Posted by: Nhlanhla | 2011-11-10

Am I at risk of geting strroke?

I got a headache for the past week and is getting serious by day, yesterday I started experiencing serious pains on my right back neck, right shoulder &  on the back muscles of my knee, I just can''t walk properly, can dis be associated with the headache?

Nhlanhla

A stroke does not present with headache. Risk factors for a stroke are a family history of strokes, hypertention, high cholesterol, diabetes and smoking.

Your headache can be due to severe muscle spasm in your neck and shoulders. Consult your doctor for an examination and treatment, as well as a referral to a physiotherapist. You should mention to your doctor that you have a painful knee, which is impairing the way you walk. Your knee pain and headahce is not associated with each other.