Question
Posted by: Zoloft overdose | 2012/03/28

Am I addicted to Zoloft?

Dear CS. I have been on second course (first course 2 years ago) of Zoloft for the past year (25mg every other day). I suffered from depression and have been seeing a psych which has been helping. But on days that I don''t take Zoloft my mind is not as clear, I am not as calm and my insecurities return. Psych says I have more anxiety than depression and try deparoc, but doc says stick to Zoloft. I feel so much more in control with zoloft, but is it just a crutch for me. Medical aid running out with psych visits so I can''t go on indefinitely and psych does do CBT. Am I destined to be stay on zoloft for ever just to feel better

This sounds like an odd dosage and use of Zoloft. I wonder to what extent your experience of any benefits AND of problems on withdrawal are primarily psychological rather than chemical ? You certainly should have to stay on this particular drug forever. If you genuinely have properly diagnosed repeated episodes of major Depression, you may need to stay lopng-term on AN antidepressant, but not necessarily that particular one.
CBT is a great idea for anxiety and for depression, and doesn't cause side-effects or withdrawal problems.

1