Question
Posted by: who | 2009/10/29

am i

HI

I just would like to know is their a way that a shrink can define one' s character. I have become very depressed over the years and friends found me boring cos i had no expression on my face or had a false smile, but never enjoying who i really was. i did some improvement and now would like to stop having this expressionless features on my face. i dont smile alot because of all the sadness i used to endure. now i think ive gone used to sad expressions. i want to show how happy i am but feel guilty if i have to be happy.why would i want to feel guilty to be happier in charachter.

Any good shrink should be able, in conversation with you, to assess what's troubling you, and whether this arises from a particular recognizeable disorder, and/or from a specific, recognizeable personality problem.
The sort of dificulty you describe probably resides in a bit of personality and rather more in badhabiots of thought, behaviour, an self-image you have learned over the years, and which Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) is designed to help you revise favourably

1