Question
Posted by: Candice | 2009-05-20

Always need to urinate at night

I find that eventhough I urinate before I go to bed, I have to get up in the small hours (3am) to urinate again and then when I get out of bed at 6:30am I am desperate to urinate again. I also find that occasionally I have internal " pain"  - like my kidneys have laboured. Weak bladders " run in the family"  to a degree. What can I do to prevent this constant getting up, I have heard tht there is a medication to take - is this true?

Dear Candice
Yes you can take medication for urge incontinence but you should first have a proper evaluation by an urologist to determine the exact cause. Test for Diabetes and urine tract infection too.