Posted by: Frikkie | 2009-01-05

Always in the mood and is a problem

Good Day

I hope that you can help me with my problem.

I have a very high sex drive and I am always in the mood. This is
becoming a problem, because the girl in my life says that is the only
reason that I am with her and I do not love her, I love it.

I understand what she is saying, but I realy love her and I feel I cannot
help myself, this is who I am and even if I try, when we are along, I feel
the need to touch her or more.

This is effecting our relationship, because now she says we cannot do
anything, before I can prove to her that I do not need the sex. I try,
but I think about it everytime we are alone and I have an erection. She
also says that because I think about it, she can feel it and that does not
make things better....

What can i do, is the medicine that I can take to lower my sex drive or
something? I really need help.

I am waiting for any response......

Frikkie – you are a normal man! Men require – on average- sex 3 times more often than women – this is something that needs to be sorted out early in a relationship or it will cause huge problems .If you insist on your needs – she feels abused. If you with her needs- you feel denied. There is to change what is basic physiology with chemicals and hormones that will have their own problems in the long term.
Also worth remembering is that men and women are VERY different in what sex means to them.
Men give love because they receive sex first. Women give sex because they receive love first.
That just the way the sexes are made and neither of you can help that. Find a way around it that is mutally acceptable without either party feeling deprived ( her current solution is immature and unreasonable)

Posted by: Anon | 2009-01-05

To Carly

Hi, my suggestion would be to mb stop the pill for a while, Use condoms as another form of contraception. The pill normally makes womans hormones irregular. Your body doesn' t know what you want it to do.

I was on the pill too, and my husband was also complaining.

So try it.

Posted by: STALLION | 2009-01-05

Poor woman! ! ! You do not need to relieve your excessive sex drive solely on your gf. Why do you want to take drugs to lower your sex drive? A man never gets too old to do a hand job on himself.

Posted by: Carly | 2009-01-05

Hi Doc.

I’ m sure you’ re used to this question, and you answer it a lot.
I actually checked the FAQ’ s but I couldn’ t really get a direct answer.

I’ ve completely lost my sex drive. I’ ve been on Yasmin for a long time now, and I don’ t take any medication except for the contraceptive.
I guess it started about 2 months ago. There’ s no way to get me in the mood. Usually a nibble on the ear could do the trick but now nothing works.
It’ s frustrating because my BF thinks it’ s his fault, and it’ s not, I just can’ t seem to become aroused, and I never become in the mood on my own.

Hope someone can help!

Reply to Carly