Question
Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2009-04-30

Always in a hurry

I am always in a hurry, for no reason. Sometimes I' m even off the toilet before I' m finish wiping. I' ve taken extra notice lately and I notice that I am even out the bathroom door at home before I' ve finished fastening my pants!

I am never late for anything and pride myself in it. But I am always waiting for everyone as people just don' t have time.

I don' t rush because I am late. I get up in the morning in enough time to do everything slowly and I cant. I find myself gulping down the coffee and rushing around etc.

Why do I do this ?
How do I stop ?

Bob has all the time in the world, he is never on time and when we go somewhere we usually get there not talking because i' ve had to wait for him and we are late.

Thanks You

Hmm, I"m a bit like Purple here. I tend to make a nuisance of myself by trying so hard not to make a nuisance of myself ! As for you, BG --- its a habit. As a kid, did you get an extra pat on the head for finishing things first ? Or a swat on the bottom for being late ? At some stage it must have been rewarding for you to behave in this way, and once a habit has been established, it requires specific effort to change it.

3
Posted by: Anonymous too | 2009-04-30

Hi BG,
I' m with you! I hate traffic, it' s a waste of time. I get upset if someone takes too long at the till. When I' m waiting for the water to boil when making coffee, I get impatient. Even when just watching TV, I get impatient when waiting for the adverts to finish. I walk too fast, because I need to get to where I' m going immediately. Even when I have nothing to do, I rush. This morning for example, I was early (waiting for hubby to finish...sigh) and I had to fetch the dog' s bowl from outside. I found myself almost jogging looking for the bowl. Back inside I had to wait for hubby while tapping my foot and getting impatient again.

Reply to Anonymous too
Posted by: pop | 2009-04-30

Hi there, I have been offered 2weeks in hospital as I am suffering from bulimia, anxiety social phoebia, im a mess and so is my life.Do you think hospital will do any good psychologically or would long term treatment be better? I have been for treatment at Riverview numerous times and I have the knowledge so I THINK RELEARNING ALL THAT STUFF AND OPTING OUT OF EXAMS WOULD BE EVEN WORSE THAN NOT GETTING HELP.PLease help me I have no idea what to do, just give me an opinion or at least tell me how to go about quiting the bindges and forcing myself to eat.please.

Reply to pop
Posted by: Purple | 2009-04-30

I can relate. I am the same especially if I am staying over somewhere other than my own home. It' s as though you are trying to be considerate towards others. I was at my boyfriends parents house this weekend and I woke up extra early to get ready. I use the toilet as quick as possible as well. You name it you' re just in a hurry for everything and it' s not as though anyone is actually waiting for me or hurrying me p to get ready.

Reply to Purple