Posted by: Betsy | 2009-07-16

Always hungry - Ugent help needed!!

For the past few weeks i have lost, gained, lost and gained weight without much of an effort (bad wheel!!). I have not been dieting when I lost. It is not my periods either. However, I have and increase in sugar cravings which has been coming and going. This is new to me. I am using multivitamins and an artififcial sweetner in the hope to stabilize my insulin but I am failing. On monday I weighed 63 and today I weigh 66. I am ALWAYS hungry and I promise you I am not emotinally eating. How did I get here and how do I stop this fast! I am afraid next week I will be weighing 70 kgs. HELP ASAP please

Dear Betsy
I think the first thing you should do is to exclude possible medical causes like abnormal thyroid function, or abnormal insulin production - please see your doctor for some basic blood tests - try to go early in the morning on an empty stomach if possible