Question
Posted by: Julie - post 4766 | 2010/03/04

Always anxious

Posted by: Julie | 4/3/2010
Cypershrink, u are the best!

U really know how to make someone feel good about themselves. Thank you so much for your advice. I will definitely try this CBT. I have got self help books w.r.t low self esteem Need to work on my self confidence. As for my family, well, i do have a cousin whos a very depressive person and always thinks she knows better, yet she suffers the most and is so quick to knock everyone else. I should take that into account and not allow her to get to me as she tells everyone alot of hogwash about me. Ive just stayed clear from her negativity, its just my mom thats naive and believes her tripe. But i should start believing in myself more and not care what other people think, besides they dont pay my rent, ive always fended for myself. my family only there when i got money anyway...

But thank you again CS, i will keep u posted w.r.t my process with CBT.... :)

Thanks ! If you look around, some of the better self-help books on this and other problem areas specificall work within the CBT methodology, and would be adviseable.
Remember my old technique - when someone like your cousin persistently says nasty things about you or anyone, respond as you do when you walk down the road and someone else's dog barks at you - that's what dogs do, but you don't allow yourself to feel bad about yourself, just because the dog barks. You know that the bark is about the dog, and nothing actually about you.

1