Question
Posted by: Mimi Me | 2010-04-13

Always angry

ad''s use to calm me down a bit, boyfriend use to see when i get heavy agro and then he''d say : when last did you have your pills

i take my cipralex religously and i find myself getting worse and worse by the day, week, month. i get so angry at the kids, at the boyfriend, at work, driving

I went to the gp and all he told me was : you cant take a pill for everything.

Pills alone are not the answer to anger, especially unreasoning anger, and definitely not so unless there has been a proper assessment by a psychiatrist and a caeful selection of the right sort of meds to help a process which must also include CBT -type psychotherapy. Cipralex is NOT any sort of cure for bad temper and poor anger control - in no way at all. A GP is not trained to assess and manage conditions like this.

5
Posted by: Maria | 2010-04-13

Mini Me welcome to my world. And my psychiatrist told me this morning that my current problems are mostly biological and I need to stabilise on a combination of meds for several years. PLEASE see a psychiatrist, I started otu with a GP as well and they don''t have the necessary knowledge.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Mini Me | 2010-04-13

You don''t feel it " coming on"  you react kill the person in front of you swear etc and then suddenly you realize when it''s to late what you have done.

Reply to Mini Me
Posted by: Happiness | 2010-04-13

Hi Mimi Me

It must be hard being mad all the time. Please explain to me, can you feel when the anger wave is coming inside you and how possible is it that you can control it? I just want to understand whether a person with anger problems is able to identify them and do something about it or the medication is the only option.

Reply to Happiness
Posted by: Liza | 2010-04-13

Please go and see a specialist psychiatrist for a second opinion. I''m bipolar and when I have a manic episode, my anger can spiral completely out of control too. So I know what it feels like to just snap and then have the guilt trip afterwards because it isn''t anybody else''s fault. If your anger is like this, there IS medication for it. A mood stabilizer could be what you need to help keep the anger under control. CBT is also a great option to help keep anger under control BEFORE it becomes a problem.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza