Question
Posted by: CHRISTAL | 2011/07/18

Altitude sickness

Hi doc, this is the second time I traveled CPT to JHB and both times I have experienced bad nausea that lasts until I leave.

Could this be altitude sickness or the water that differs dramatically to CPT as I drink 2 liters a day?

Christal

It will be unusual to experience altitude sickness below 6500 ft elevation. The elevation can cause light headedness and slight nausea. You can use a product like Maxalon to prevent nausea. Consult your doctor for blood tests to evaluate if you are anemic or if you have a metabolic disease, like diabetes or hypothyroidism.

Please advise if there is any further development.