Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2009-06-04

Alternatve solution

Hi Doc,

I had been taking Diane35 for about 2years when i noticed my hair was started to fall out alot. I went to my GP and she gave me Yasmin but the hairloss continued. I recently read that Yasmin has a side effect of hairloss. The main reason i am on these pills is for maintaining an acne free skin. I would like to stop the pills and go on a completely hormone free alternative. when Stopping the yasmin will my hair regrow? Are there other pills with no hair loss side effects? is there another alternative to using B/control for ACNE?

Acne and hair loss sounds like you could have underlying PCOS. This may be the problem rather then the Pill. See a gynaecologist to check for this before stopping the Pill.