Question
Posted by: Payned | 2008/07/02

Alternative to Stilpayne

Hi Pharmacist

I am an Allergic Asthma - cannot take anti-inflams or any stimulant products (natural or chemical).

Afte my 40's I was diagnosed with a back problem that gives me grief sometimes. 2 Stilpayne kill the pain completely (eventually I will have to have surgery they say).

Is there any product in the chemist that is the same or very similar to Stilpayne, but does not contain caffeine, anti-histamine, etc. - in other words a straight strong painkiller that is safe for someone allergic like me?

2 x Panados do not kill the pain, only takes a bit of the edge off it which doesn't really help.

Payned

Expert ImagePharmacist

Tablets that are in same class as stilpayne will unfortunately require a prescription. Advice: Be carefull of taking products that contains ingredients such as ibuprofen or diclofenac.