Question
Posted by: arika | 2008-11-17

alternative medication for ovulation

i' ve been on clomid for 1 year 8 months, had an ovaria drilling 9 months ago. ovulated only twice in that period. stop treatment 3 months ago, month there after had a perfect 28 day cycle without clomid, since then no period. definately not pregnant or ovulating. i am not going back on clomid as it doesn' t seem to work and as result of it my mucus kills the sperm, in-vitro not an option. can you suggest an alternative medicine like herbal medicine, or over-the-counter medicine to balance my hormones and bring on ovulation?

Dear Arika

Importantly you need to establish the diagnosis and if this is polycystic ovarian syndrome then weight reduction may well be indicated together with low calorie diet and insulin sensitises may be sufficient to restore ovulation. However this will require some form of monitoring and before embarking on this avenue of treatment I would suggest that as a base line the appropriate hormonal and metabolic markers be taken and these can then be used to monitor the success of any allied form of treatment. The use of supplements usually is not scientifically proven to improve conception rates or ovulation and I would certainly advise at this point that you do not place too much emphasis or hope on alternative medicine.

1
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-17

I' m not sure about a product that can help with ovulation but I do know about Fertivor.
FERTIVOR is a nutritional fertility supplement integrating several key ingredients that safely and naturally promote the production of cervical fluids, support the ‘ thinning’  of mucus, increase hydration of the mucin, as well as promote proper mucus alkalinity. In addition, the same ingredient that supports CM production (L-Arginine as nitric oxide precursor) has also been shown to induce endometrial secretion (creating a healthy uterus lining) during implantation time. In supportive studies, key ingredients in Fertivor have been shown to:
• Naturally and safely support the production of cervical fluids.
• Increase hydration of the mucin (liquidity of mucus).
• Promote mucus alkalinity and mucosal thinning.
• Support a healthy uterine lining for implantation of the embryo.
• Increase female vitality and stimulation.

You can visit their website and I bought mine from the website.
www dot tara dot org dot za