Question
Posted by: PARROT | 2008/07/04

alternative medication

I am using cipralex and mirtreton to controll anxiety attacks. My medical aid does not pay for the medicine. I am retiring shortly and are anxious that I will not be able to afford the medicine. Is there generic medicines available that is suitable to treat my condition?

You'd do best, while still on your medical aid, to visit a fresh and good local psychiatrist for a full assessment, a clear diagnosis and treatment plan, and discuss with him / her the issue of retirement and generics. I see no reason at all to use Cipralex and such expensive drugs for treating anxiety in this sort of situation and there are similarly efefctive generic equivalents --- and CBT counslling could help a great deal, and with lasting benefits