Posted by: linros | 2009-03-25

Alternative for 5-HTP

I' ve tried taking 5-HTP (made by Solal) to improve my sense of well-being /uplift mood &  chase away some mild depression. Unfortunately I suffered some unpleasant side effects (nausea, stomach ache, dizziness) and would like to know if you could please recommend an alternative.

I' ve used Biral before, but Biral is very effective for anxiety and not uplifting moods.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Dear Linros
You could try St Johns Wort, but it only helps for really mild depression. If it is not effective you may need to get a prescription for a "proper" antidepressant or see a psychologist to teach you some stress relieving techniques. See that you eat healthy and try and get 30 min of exercise in per day ( it works almost as well as low dose antidepressant medication according to clinical trials!)