Question
Posted by: Sckyler | 2008/06/13

Alternative affordable medicine

Hi doc, my GP has prescribed Austrin (repeat 5) for my low iron. But these tablets are ± R150 for 30, is there a alternative more affordable tablet I can buy of the shelf?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you ask your pharmacist regarding an alternative that is more affordable.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: anxious | 2008/06/14

Presumably you mean Autrin capsules. Where are you getting them from? Have you tried Dischem? They are substantially cheaper than the smaller pharmacies because they buy in such bulk they get huge discounts. You should also try the Hypermarket pharmacies which are now in operation at quite a few hypermarkets.

I am sure if you shop around you will find a better price. If you are only looking for an iron supplement medication, you dont want to be taking anything else in that tablet without discussing this with your doctor.

Reply to anxious