Posted by: Angela | 2009-04-29

Alterations and cats

I recently adopted 2 stray kittens found at work. Female tortoise tabby and a male ginger and white, currently 3 months old. They have settled in, explore and come back home. The male is a bit more skittish than the female. The female is not scared of anything. We would like to retile our apartment and redo the kitchen. I understand they are too young to deal with the upheaval at the moment, and was thinking of having it done when they are about a year old. Do you have any advise on how to deal with them and ensure they don' t run with all the activity and noise? Should I put them into a cattery?

Dear Angela

Give them a seperate area in the houe with a Feliway diffuser plugged in. A cattery may still be your best option.

Posted by: Mouldy Peach | 2009-04-29

It would probably be fine, as long as they have a safe quiet place to go to. We re-did our kitchen a while ago. It took about 4 months because we did all the work ourselves. Before we started we installed a cat flap in our bedroom door. The human door was always closed so the cats could enter through the cat flap into a nice quiet dust free and calm room. They actually spend most of their time in the bedroom, especially while we were hammering out the old tiles. You might also want to get a Feliway diffuser to keep them calm and happy.

Reply to Mouldy Peach