Question
Posted by: mahomed | 2012/08/28

alsation

hi there,
my alsation bitch attacks and removes fender indicator from my car !!! i have male alsation as well .

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Mahomed, this often happens when a dog is bored and frustrated. what I would suggest you do is buy a product from your vet called Avert. It absolutely stinks, so put a hanky over your mouth and some gloves on before you use it. Spray it liberally over the fender, the indicators and I would also suggest the tyres as well.
At the same time make sure that your dogs are receiving enough walks (daily if possible) and that there are varied chew toys around for them during the day. If that does not work, then please come back to me. Thks Scotty

2
Posted by: ryan | 2012/08/30

German shepherds are extremely intelligent animals, they need lots of exercise and mental stimulation. If they are not getting one or the other or both, they may try to stimulate themselves or get attention from you by doing what they are doing. s Shouting and punishing your dog after you have found the damage is not going to have any benefit as he will not associate the shouting etc with what he/she has done. Seek out some help from a behaviorist, not just this forum but one you can actually visit or visit you to address the problem. it won''t be a quick fix but a process.

Reply to ryan
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012/08/30

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert