Posted by: Worried | 2011-11-04

I am a 30yr old white female- generally healthy but have a very sensitive immune system and suffer from bad allergies, eczema and asthma. Have done so all of my life.

I have had Alopecia on and off for the past 5yrs. Sometimes it goes away completely, then out of the blue a new patch will appear.

I have been told it could be a Biotin deficiency or Thyroid issues.

I have had a patch since April which is unchanged. Now 3 more patches are developing.

Over the past 2 weeks I have been drinking alot of Soya Milk with my meal replacement shakes, which are also Soya based (Herbalife). I recently read that Soya milk affects your thyroid.

How could I check this and what are your thoughts on this???

Please getting married in 5 months and need my hair!!

I suggest that you consult a dermatologist for an examination and blood tests, to determine the cause for your hairloss. Treatment will also be prescribed accordingly.