Question
Posted by: Leigh | 2009/11/16

Alone in my own little world

Because of all the pain I went through I shut everybody out of my life including my little boy, I still do what a mother has to do, but I' m just not the kind of mother I' m supposed to be. I never go out to friends anymore, I' d rather stay at home. I thought I was happy being single, but I just realized that I' m very lonely and I need that strong bond between me and a man, a man that will love me dearly and care for me like I' m everything to him, a man that I' ll be attracted to. Oh I' m just feeling sorry for myself at the moment, tomorrow I' ll be fine once again. Think it' s my obsession with Twilight, haha

If there's a Depression here, you need to see a shrink for assessment and treatment. If this is purely an issue of loneliness, this needs to be dealt with in counselling. You sound as though you nhave chosen a solitary way of life, and are then finding it unsatisfying. You won't meet ANY man, let alone the nice guy you reasonably want to meet, without again involving yourself in the world. Can you expand your circle of friends at work ? Why not get involved in a charity or NGO in an area of interest to you, working with children, animals, old folks, whatever, to usefully help others, to remind you that there are many others worse off than you, and to have a realistic chance of meeting other nice people and forming friendships.

7
Posted by: Leigh | 2009/11/17

And the sad thing is, I don' t WANT to meet new people, but still I feel lonely. My friends invite me to their place every now and then, but I always have an excuse. I enjoy my alone time, I just wish there was some way I could enjoy company again, but it' s better to protect myself.

Reply to Leigh
Posted by: Leigh | 2009/11/17

Thank you all!! Yeah I know Mommy, New Moon is much better than Twilight, I' ve read all four books, can' t wait for the 28th, they day I booked my ticket for :-))

Reply to Leigh

Being lonely is not always fun, and meeting people not always easy... i tried a dating website and actually met some good people on there, hope it might help u... good luck

Posted by: Mommy | 2009/11/17

Obsession with Twilight? Wait until you get to New Moon you will just fall in love with vampires, I think Edward and Bella are the best things to ever happen in my life with my loneliness.

Reply to Mommy
Posted by: 123 | 2009/11/17

You have a man, a little man.
Ok, besides that, you are not going to find a man if you don' t go out and expose yourself to more situations to meet other people.

Yeah, I know what you mean, single is fun fun fun, but having that someone to hold you every now and then is definitely not a bad thing.
Good luck. Dating can also be exhausting, so prepare yourself. LOL
Enjoy nonetheless.

Reply to 123
Posted by: angela | 2009/11/17

Reply to angela