Posted by: Kookie | 2010-01-25

Almost a year - still here!

I am really so frustrated. So In March it will be a year that we are with lawyers, and still NO settlement has been signed. This is actually getting too much now! My question is - he has declined all my settlement proposals. He cancelled his lawyers in December and got new lawyers. We have a house that Thank God we got sold just last week. We are married in COP. I want to tell my lawyer that I want nothing from him, but I dont want to give him anything. We dont have kids or anythng else like money saved up ect. Am I allowed to ask for that. Just split what profit (if any) comes from the house and thats it - just go our seperate ways? Why does this have to be soooo hard??????

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Unfortunately the law fails many people and most lawyers make a case out of your disagreement. You must claim and are entitled to what is yours.