Question
Posted by: Klaudija | 2011-11-10

Alli

Hi again Doc
Thanks for your advise in regards to the " Sticky Platelett"  issue.
I would like to know if it would be safe for me to take the " Alli"  diet capsules? Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you.

Dear Klaudija
Glad I could be of assistance. I don't know if you are taking any medications like Ecotrin or warfarin for the clotting problem? If so, you would need to check if a medication like Alli containing orlistat will interfere with the absorption and/or working of the anticlotting medication. I would recommend that you ask your pharmacist just to be safe. My copy of MIMS does mention that there may be interactions between warfarin and other oral anticoagulants and orlistat. Just also check with the pharmacist if taking a medication like orlistat which reduces uptake of fats and fat-soluble vitamins from the diet can affect blood clotting.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-11-10

Dear Klaudija