Posted by: Angela | 2011-09-07

Allergy to silver

I have had pierced years for about 20 years now and have always been able to wear any sort of earing with no problem. I usually wear silver earings now (for the last 5 years) Recently the earings I usually never take out have been irritating only one hole and not the other hole on the other ear. It weeps and becomes crusty on the lobe but does not itch. I have given my ears a good 2 months break and tried again and the probelm reoccured. Is there an ointment I could use to try and get it to heal properly so I could resume wearing silver earings. I have not tried with gold earrings but am not much of a gold wearer. Thanks.

Ask your pharmacist for Quadriderm cream, which can be used twice daily for a period of seven days. If the problem persisis, you should consult your doctor for an examination and swab of the area.