Question
Posted by: Angie | 2012-10-08

Allergy test

I wonder if you can help me please. my 22 month old son had an allergy test done in July this year. He had a constant runny nose, constant wet chesty cough - that NO cough meds cleared it up. Dog, cat, mould, aspergillus, grass, bermuda grass, plane tree, D Fern, -|- croach, egg white, egg yoke, milk, soya, citrus, peanut, wheat, banana, apple. ALL came back negative. He was put on singulair, and foxair pump. I was told he had a food additive allergy. He was then out of creche for 3 months. ALL his symtoms cleared up. No more runny nose, wet chesty cough. And he was eating the food he was not suppose to be eating ??? Now my question is. on the results Control+ it says wheel 7 mm, flare 20 mm. itch yes. If its not a food additive then what is her allergic too ??

Angie

Are you sure that his symptoms are due to an allergy? Is it possible that his upper respiratory tract symptoms were due to an infection? This is common for kids in a creche where they are in close contact with each other. It is also possible that he had a viral respiratory tract infection, which has now cleared up.

If he is consuming the foods that he is suppose to be allergic to, he will definately not improve.

1
Posted by: angie | 2012-10-15

Well according to the dr he has an " food additive"  allergy. They did the skin test where they do prick test. he def is allergic to something as it had flared up on his arm !!

Reply to angie