Posted by: Fed up | 2010-05-15

Allergy test

I''ve had skin infection in my face for the last 2 years and have been on reaccutane for 4 months so far. I''ve just got another infection with lots of creams to try and stop it, the infection always cause scarring. Note that the infections happen even if there is no acne above or ''under'' the skin acne sometimes its just red lines that run down my face. Sometimes goint with pins and needles.

My quesiton, Ive been keeping note and every time I drink a lot of cacoa, coffee or hot chocolate my skin starts to itch and if I drink this for longer then a month I get an infection. Both my gp and dermatologist says food have no affect on the skin and my findings meen nothing. I can eat what I want. They are not going to run tests

Where can I do good food allergy test and can I do it that they send me the resutls direclty?

You can request food allergy testing at your nearest pathology lab and request them to send the results to your home address. For medical aid coverage, you will have to supply a name of a referring doctor. If you pay cash, you will however not have to give details of a referring doctor.

I recall reading an article where certain food can have an effect on your skin, especially the cocoa in chocolate, as well as caffeine in coffee. I therefore, think that these tests can be of some value but you should remember that certain foods can cause acne or related skin affliction per say and not due to an allergic reaction.