Posted by: Sybie | 2010/01/08

Allergy reaction on skin

Hello, I seem to have a serious allergic reaction. It started a few months ago with smallish and very irritating bumps under my skin(length by width = 2 x 5 cm) that randomly appear at any place on my body. It lasts for about 2 to 3 days and goes away. Before one goes away, another 2 or 3 will appear elsewhere. In the last 6 weeks the small bumps has increased in size spanning in one case my whole lower arm. If this would happen on my finger, my whole finger swells up so much I canot even bend it. These swellings are very heat sensitive. I thought it may be hives but pictures I have seen they are a LOT smaller than the lumps I have. Have now been tested for allergies after seeing the doctor and it came back negative. Started to change soaps etc, but this reaction kept on occuring after I went on holiday where I used all different soaps than at home and had very different eating habits. Could it be something other than allergies? I am now taking pills to treat the affects (have not helped yet), but the cause is unknown.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I strongly sugggest that you consult a dermatologist, as this reaction can possibly not be due to an external factor and rather an internal cause. A clear diagnosis should be made and treated appropriately.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.