Posted by: Sybie | 2010-01-08

Allergy reaction on skin

Hello, I seem to have a serious allergic reaction. It started a few months ago with smallish and very irritating bumps under my skin(length by width = 2 x 5 cm) that randomly appear at any place on my body. It lasts for about 2 to 3 days and goes away. Before one goes away, another 2 or 3 will appear elsewhere. In the last 6 weeks the small bumps has increased in size spanning in one case my whole lower arm. If this would happen on my finger, my whole finger swells up so much I canot even bend it. These swellings are very heat sensitive. I thought it may be hives but pictures I have seen they are a LOT smaller than the lumps I have. Have now been tested for allergies after seeing the doctor and it came back negative. Started to change soaps etc, but this reaction kept on occuring after I went on holiday where I used all different soaps than at home and had very different eating habits. Could it be something other than allergies? I am now taking pills to treat the affects (have not helped yet), but the cause is unknown.

I strongly sugggest that you consult a dermatologist, as this reaction can possibly not be due to an external factor and rather an internal cause. A clear diagnosis should be made and treated appropriately.