Posted by: nare | 2012-07-25

i have allergy to metals. whenever a belt, necklace or zip touches my skin that part gets itchy blemishes and then passes in 2-3 days. I seem not to have any other allergy such as from food or climate, only to metals. However many years ago i had allergy on my face only when i was modelling in a contest and had to wear a complicated hairstyle with a lot of hairsprey and some other hair products, but mostly hair sprey. After that i have used hair sprey but little and didnt do anything to me. Now i want to dye my hair for the first time and want to know if it can also cause allergy...i mean if i am allergic to metals or maybe to hairsprey, does it mean ill be allergic to hair dye? What shall i know? Please help, and sorry for along post.

I do not think that you will have an allergic reaction to hair colour if you are allergic to metals, coppper etc. Do a test on your arm 24 hours before you want to dye your hair, to see if you have an allergic reaction or not.