Posted by: Yolande | 2012-06-12

Hi Doc,

On Sunday my 7 year old sun got a reaction. I am not sure if this was an allergic reaction. We noticed several bumps on his body. This was itchy. We first thought that a flea might have bitten him but after a few hours it has spread. He started getting it in his neck and face. His eyes started swelling too. I gave him Allergex and it seemed to work. I noticed the same bumps on his body yesterday morning and also gave Allergex which seemed to work. He didn''t consume anything out of the ordinary over the weekend. We have two kittens but he has been in contact with cats before and nothing happened. When he was two we had his tonsils removed. It was recommended that we take a full allergy test before the op and the results came back negative on all of the tests. What can this be?

Thanking you in advance.

The allergic reaction can be due to an external factor, like a mosquito or flea bite. I suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination. You can continue using Allergax to treat the skin rash. You can also apply Anthisan cream to alleviate the itching.