Question
Posted by: Anne | 2010/12/22

Allergy?

Hi there, I had cortisone, fexofenidine and antibiotics prescribed for me almost 2 months ago to clear up a sinus infection. Since then I''ve had itchy eyes that look very blood shot and seem to be dry for about 2 - 3 weeks now- my optometerist thinks it might be a reaction to the cortisone or fexofenidine and has told me to use Omega 6 capsules and hydrating eye drops. How do I confirm what I''m allergic to?

Hi Anne
I doubt that the cortisone or fexofenadine will cause dry itchy eyes - this may be due to an allergy of dust or pollen. Try using an antihistamine eye drop like Spersallerg. One can go for allergy tests (skin tests or blood tests) but often this will make no difference in the treatment, as one can't avoid pollen or dust.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/22

Hi Anne