My son of 2 and half is allergic to cats. he had severe cracked &  raw eczema behind his knees, which cleared up completely after moving away from the cat. His face &  neck although it wasnt bad, I also noticed a difference, no more scratching and dry spots.
I want to find out if having many birds living in our roof could be causing the eczema to return? I do not think it is healthy, with the excretement and the fine dust their feathers make , that must drift down from the roof into the house. We have been renting a house for the last 2 months now and I have noticed his legs are getting red again behind the knees. He also has dry patches on his neck and face again. Nothing else has changed at all re: diet, soap/clothing. it is not severe yet but I dont want it to get as bad as it was last year.
I have been asking the landlord to sort the bird problem out since we moved in. There are 4 starling nests up there and they make such a nest, as well as the health issue.
Many thanks

Dear Anonymous
Yes birds can cause allergies as well as infections, so ask your landlord to rather remove the birds. Eczema tends to wax and wane - treat with good moisturizing, and if really bad, ask your doctor to see if he needs some cortisone.