Posted by: Shirk | 2011-05-06

Allergies and nose spray

My son is 20 months old. i have alleric rhinitis and i am sure he does, very restless at night either a dry nose or a blocked one. The humidifier helps slightly. He is on deselex but what nasal spray can he use regularly to help

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Shrik

I can not recommend a nasal spray without an examination. It is however safe to use Saline nasal spray on a chronic basis, if so required.
Certain causes for the problem need to be checked for, but if he is on Deselex, I presume your doctor is treating for an underlying allergic rhinitis. If he is slightly older, one may consider one of the topical cortisone nasal sprays. Discuss this with your doctor.