Posted by: Anon | 2011-02-27

Please help.
I have just recently developed chronic hayfever. Everything from grass, smoke, animals, dust... and seemingly out of the blue. Animals, for example, have never had such an effect on me until now. My eyes itch and burn, my nose runs like a tap, my face and body itches, I sneeze uncontrollably... I become utterly dysfunctional for hours.
The problem is it occurs daily! As a kid I had a problem with allergies, but never to this extent and not since I was a child.
Antihistamines work sometimes, but about 50% of the time it''s so bad that it just subdues the symptoms a little and for maybe an hour after affect. I also cannot take too many antihistamines so regularly and for such a long period. I''ve been like this for maybe 4 weeks and it has gotten quite bad over the last week.
This is immensely frustrating.
I''d prefer some sort of natural remedy or alternative to taking so many antihistamines.

I strongly suggest that you consult an allergy specialist for blood tests to isolate the spesific allergies. With a clear indication of what is causing your allergies, the treatment can be more spesific and directed to the cause.

Posted by: Eugene | 2011-02-28

The first step is to identify and then elimanate your allergen triggers. If you can, get a skin prick test and see what you are allergic to. If the allergies are severe and antihistamines does not work well, maybe you should see an allergy specialist for a consultation. They might help you to desensitize to your allergens and get back to a normal life.

I went through the same thing. Please don''t bee fooled by alternative health practitioners who hook you up to " machines"  to diagnose you. Its a scam and you''ll just waste your money.

Reply to Eugene