Question
Posted by: Chrissie | 2008/06/02

Allergie - child

Hi, my daughter is 2yrs & 10 mnths. With a skin test at the Paed we found out that she's severely allergic to Cats, dustmites, dogs, cut grass & egg white (through blood test). The Paed has prescribed Deselex as antihistamine as this it the one with the least side effects. Although after two weeks she started scratching her face. There was constantly bloody spots from where she's scrateched, and it only got worse. Her nose also never stopped running. I took her back to the Paed, but this time only the partner was available, she doubled the dosage of Deselex from 2.5ml to 5ml per day. After the bottle was finished, I decided to stop the medication completely - by this time her face was raw. I started using Biochemic tissue salts (nr5 - Kali Mur). This helped with the scratching for a while, but did not dry up the nose. Eventually i tried Allecet (antihistamine) again. But after a week the scratching started again. The pharmacist recommended Pegasus homeopathic complexes (hayfever 6c). I've only been using it for a couple of days now, but realise that she's got sinusitus again. What can you recommend that I can use on a daily basis to stop her allergies, help with the sinusitus - that wouldn't make her scratch again. I know it's a tall order. But at this stage every doctor gives another opinion/remedy/prescription - everytime it costs a hell of a lot of money, and nothing seems to work. It's like trying to get out of quicksand, and I get nowhere. I don't want my child to suffer anymore. Thanking you.

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

you need to address the immune system. i would recommend Allergostop (from medford) address and corrects imbalances in the immune system for allergies. If you want you can start with a Calcium supplementation (calcium balances the parathyroid and correct allergies. Add Natura Allergin mix to this. a Gemmo called Ribes (only available from homoeopaths works well for itchyness).
Dr Debbie

1
Posted by: Rene | 2008/09/21

I suffered from sinus from an early age. 5 Years ago, I stopped all dairy products. This made a tremendous change. I found out that I was allergic to the lactose in cow milk.

Soya is a healty alternative. As well as goat cheese. Do not underestimate what a diet without lactose can do for your child.

Remove all form of lactose from your diet. Not even in the porridge or tea. After two weeks, choose a day and drink a glass of milk. Or a few.

Reply to Rene