Posted by: Cas | 2009-08-25

Allergic To Wheat

Good day I hope you are able to help me. I have a 3 year old
daughter. We had blood work done on her. As she is always
complany about her tummy. We received the blood results
yesterday to find out that she is allergic to Wheat I am going to
give you her readings Wheat 29.90. Would you please be able
to tell me what I can do to replace the wheat factour as she
likes all the things in wheat such as pasta, bread, pizza. She is
also allergic to dairy and white of eggs. I would realy appreciate
if you can help me.

Dear Cas
Because your 3-year-old daughter has 3 major allergies (wheat, dairy and egg white), I would urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to assist you with a diet for the lassie that avoids very many foods (wheat, dairy and eggs are used in practically all processed foods in some form or other), but still provides her with the nutrients she needs for normal growth and development. The dietitian will also have to guide you through the initial phase of getting used to preparing such a restricted diet for your child which is not easy. To read more about these food allergies click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Allergy & intolerance'. You can also contact the Allergy Association by visiting their Website at: to find out more about allergies. For recipes you can try the 'South African Cookbook for Food Allergies & Food Intolerance" by Hilda Lategan. Contact Hilda Lategan, who is also a dietitian, on (012) 546-6410) or send her an e-mail at: .