Question
Posted by: Denise | 2010/06/09

Allergic sinus

Hi Doctor. I''ve suffered 6 miscarriages the 3 was first semester losses and 3 second trimester. A septun was diagnoses and that ruled out the first trimester losses. Second trimester losses due to 2x rapturing of membranes and one incompetent cervix. I''m with a fertility specialist. However I''m concerned that my chronic allergic sinus have something to do with my second trimester miscarriages. I have notice during the last 2 pregnancy which both ended at 18weeks that I''m getting a heat rash (hives). Detailed scans were done at 12weeks on both times the babies were normal. Now I''m concerned that that might be the cause of my miscarriages because all the other test done by the fs came back negative. Because I''ve now googled my condition and read about " Mast"  cells and are not VERY concerned. Please help.

Dear Denise

I have seen no correlation between recurrent second trimester miscarriages and chronic allergic sinusitis. N your particular case a septum has been diagnosed as well as an incompetent cervix. I would suggest that the septum be removed hysteroscopically and in addition when a pregnancy takes place the insertion of a cerclage or a Shirodkar stitch be inserted to try and overcome the incompetent cervix.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/06/18

Dear Denise

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert