Question
Posted by: Dee | 2011-02-27

Allergic reaction to hair dye

Two weeks ago, after dying my hair, my ears swelled up and were so inflamed that there was fluid being excreted from the scabs behind my ears. After taking Deselex and applying a Bactroban& Skin Calm combo, my ears have healed, but I now have a skin rash on my eyes, my jawline and neck, and it is starting to spread to my arms. I now also have a bright yellow fluid leaking from my right nostril.
As I''m breastfeeding, I dont want to take antibiotics so I purchased more Deselex today as the pharmacist said its safe during breastfeeding and that I need to take it for 7 consecutive days to fully clear the infection. Please advise if this is accurate and if it is the safest and most effective treatment.

Dee

Deselex is a product developed for the treatment of allergic conditions, i.e. allergic rhinitis. It was not developed to treat infection. It sounds like if you have a severe reaction and I suggest that you consult a dermatologist.