Allergic reaction to flea bites in humans

Hi. I suffer from a severe allergic reation within seconds of a flea bite. The bites become sensitive and swollen (sometimes to the size of a R5 coin). These " blisters"  take weeks to heal and leave scars on my legs. I have tried anti-histamine (eg allergegs and lorano) and cortisone cream and tablets, but with little or no affect. Any advise?
Are there any research on why fleas (and mosquitoes) prefer to bite some humans above others?

Expert ImageArchive

Sensitivity to insect bites, including fleas, varies amonst individuals and is determined by the individuals immune response.

The best treatment is avoidance! I am not aware of any research that offers a specific information about insect selectivity or predisposition for certain individuals.

Hope this is of some help.