Posted by: Remo | 2012-12-06

Allergic boy

My 10 months old boy has eczema and is allergic to cow''s milk, nuts and eggs. He doesnt want to take any formula, water, juice, tea and food. He cries a lot when we force feed him. He just want breastmilk but the problem is i a have low breastmilk supply, he doesnt get full. I tried novalacHA, Nan HA. What can i do, please advice.

Dear Remo
I am so sorry to hear that your 10-month-old son suffers from eczema and multiple allergies (cow's milk, nuts and eggs). At the age of 10 months your lad should be well on the way to being weaned, so that he eats a variety of other foods (porridges, cooked vegies, pureed fruit, fruit pieces, finely minced meat, small portions of fish and soya milk products). If you have as yet not weaned him as may be the case from what you write, then please consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to guide you through the process. You can also contact the Allergy Association by visiting their Website at: to find out more about allergies. The Allergy Association Website lists the foods that you need to avoid if you or your child have specific allergies. You can also contact each one of the companies that makes infant formulas to discuss which one is the best for your situation - check on the labels for the toll free contact numbers of the companies.
I hope you will be able to wean your son and that he will eventually grow out of these allergies.